The Rotten State of Fiji Roads

The state of Fiji roads is simply appalling! Much can be said about them but over the coming days and weeks, I will set about collecting pictures on this blog to show you what I am talking about.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

An account of Public Service driver behaviour.

Voice of the People - Fiji Times Online: "Defensive driving

The driver of a white Hilux twin-cab GM402 belonging to the Public Works Department in Nadi raced past me on the opposite side of the three-way Denarau intersection at Namotomoto towards Nadi Airport.

It turned sharply to the left in front of me to rejoin my lane hitting pot holes.

It continued at high speed turning left towards Navakai PWD depot.

The amazing thing is that I called at 8am to complain to the PWD supervisor about the crazy driving. He completely denied that the vehicle was in Nadi.

The supervisor did not know that I had followed the vehicle and talked to the person at the depot who identified the driver to me.

The supervisor said that he was with the driver at Navolau at the same time my wife and I saw and identified the vehicle.

Is it possible that this is what the L.T.A advertise as defensive driving?

With all the expenses being paid by the taxpayers we would expect better care of public properties.

It may be that the driver of the vehicle was the supervisor himself.

Semi Tuleca
Nadi"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home